Monday, November 27, 2006

More Snow

More snow, all last night, and all day today, it just kept falling, a clean white sound suffocating blanket of fresh snow. Few wandered out. It not being walker or cane friendly weather, I stayed in at gazed at it through the window, although briefly I did go out to walk my dog. I negotiated with extra cookies to get him to come back in. He could have played in it hours longer. The city is ill prepared for so much snow, and most stayed home. It is lovely thought, especially in the pre dawn hours, then to walk the dog is ideal, acres of virgin snow and just us and the stars out in it. The sound of the city dampened and my happy Belvedere making like a snow plough with his nose.


more snow

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

A winter wonderland. Snow is magic... it covers the dark and evil that is part of every city. Snow is an artist's delight. Thank you Aletta, for sharing your snow... it is a gift for me here in the desert.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Me too, as the temperatures climb in Queensland. I love these walks with you, Aletta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home